June 19, 2020
We wanted to reach out to you and give you some insights as to what actions PenguinPickUp is taking to keep our stores safe for our customers and associates during the recent spread of COVID-19.
What is PenguinPickUp Doing?
- PenguinPickUp has a dedicated team that is meeting daily and will be closely monitoring information and recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada to ensure we are using and sharing the best hygiene practices with our Associates.
- PenguinPickUp continues to follow the recommendations of every major public health agency, including the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), to encourage all Associates to regularly wash their hands using soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds.
- PenguinPickUp Associates have always followed recommended hygiene rules from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) but we have made the decision to increase the frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting duties including the wiping down of all counters and electronic devices that customers would come in contact with.
- When it comes to items in the mail, we can advise that the PHAC and the World Health Organization (WHO) continue to state that there is a very low risk regarding incoming mail items. We are also working very closely with our courier partners to ensure that our highest level of service continues as we safely accept and distribute items.
- PenguinPickUp will limit the number of customers entering the location.
The locations below will be temporarily closed until further notice:
- Toronto U of T Bookstore - 214 College St, Toronto, ON
As a reminder, we all play an important role in minimizing the risk and spread of the virus. We are encouraging all associates and our customers to diligently follow the prevention recommendations from the health authorities.
Thank you for your continued support as we prepare to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety in mind.